VOLUNTEER CHAPLAINS (co-leaders)
This team provides spiritual support and prayer to people who are incapacitated at home or in the hospital; who are experiencing isolation due to illness; or who are facing a tragedy.
AFTER HOURS ON-CALL:
Outside of the church’s normal hours of operation, this team receives emergency calls at the Emergency After Hours Hotline 1-800-645-0161. This number can be called in the case of a sudden accident, a crisis such as a house fire, or immediate news of a death.
These warriors are committed to taking our deepest pains and our greatest joys to the Lord in prayer. Requests can be submitted to: email@example.com. Please mark requests either ‘confidential’ (for church staff and elders only), or ‘non-confidential’ (for staff, elders and the Prayer Team).
SOUL FOOD (co-leaders)
When requested, families celebrating a birth or adoption, or those experiencing the death of a loved one or an incapacitating illness are lovingly provided meals.
To rejoice in each new birth and adoption, this team coordinates Baby Dedication Service twice a year: on Mother’s Day and the second Sunday of November.
There are times in life when we all need to hear an encouraging word.This team speaks Christ’s words of hope through cards and other means.
Several times a year this team sends greetings to our men and women serving in the military.
To get involved
If you would like to join a Congregational Care support team, prayerfully consider the ministry qualifications below, then contact one of the following:
- a relationship with Jesus as Lord and Savior of your life
- genuine love for our church family
- a capacity to listen more than talk
- a knowledge and heart for God’s Word
- can set healthy personal boundaries
- the ability to calmly assess a crisis, take constructive action, and set realistic expectations, that ultimately point a person to Jesus as the only ultimate answer to life’s struggles.