PREPARE/ENRICH begins with a customized couple assessment completed online that identifies a couple's strength and growth areas. It is one of the most widely used programs for premarital counseling and premarital education. There are customized versions of the inventory used for marriage counseling, marriage enrichment, and dating couples considering engagement. Based on a couple's assessment results, a trained facilitator provides 4-8 feedback sessions in which the facilitator helps the couple discuss and understand their results as they are taught proven relationship skills.
There are several goals of the PREPARE/ENRICH Program. In order to achieve these goals there are exercises designed to help couples improve their relationship skills. The program helps couples:
- Explore strength and growth areas
- Strengthen communication skills
- Identify and manage major stressors
- Resolve conflict using the Ten Step Model
- Develop a more balanced relationship
- Explore family of origin issues
- Discuss financial planning and budgeting
- Establish personal, couple and family goals
- Understand and appreciate personality differences
To schedule an appointment with a trained PREPARE-ENRICH Counselor and to take the Inventory, please contact the church office.
To take a Couple Quiz or learn more about PREPARE-ENRICH, please visit Life Innovations website at www.prepare-enrich.com.
For all our differences, men and women want the same thing: satisfying, loving relationships. How can you experience a lifetime of love, fulfillment and intimacy in your marriage? By learning habits that meet your most important emotional needs, as well as those of your spouse.
In 1994, nationally acclaimed author and psychologist, Dr. Willard Harley, Jr., agreed to have Joe Beam use his books: His Needs/Her Needs – Building an Affair Proof Marriage, 5 Steps to Romantic Love, and Love Busters as the basis for Family Dynamics’ first interactive course called “ Dynamic Marriage.” This powerful program helps committed couples sustain happy, fulfilling relationships that grow stronger each year while bringing hope and healing to troubled marriages.
The eight-week course entitled, Dynamic Marriage, changes lives. It produces tangible results for three powerful reasons: the wise insights of Dr. Harley and Joe Beam, combined with the dynamic delivery system that must be experienced. The eight week course gives couples time to learn how to stop damaging behaviors in their marriage, deal with conflict, and learn to meet each other’s emotional needs.
- How your Love Bank affects your relationship.
- What your most important Emotional Needs are.
- How to identity and meet each other’s most important needs.
- Why most marriages don’t survive perpetual Love Busters.
- How affairs begin, how they can be stopped, and how love can be restored.
- Why people commit to or abandon a relationship.
- How to build compatibility.
- How to maintain a mutually fulfilling relationship.
Contact Roger Fair at 301-253-4708 if you are interested in attending this class at Damascus Road Community Church.
To learn more about Dynamic Marriage or to take a Love Quiz, please visit www.familydynamics.net.